Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I'm Lovin' Today!

Starting something new. Gonna try and post every day or every few days... things I'm lovin'. Whether it is music, news, whatever. Keep coming back to see what I love next time. :)

There are two things I'm lovin' today. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other, but who cares?
First things first. I love Amazon.com! Not only do I buy things from there (Hello book I want at the bookstore, hello 
Amazon.com for half the price!) but I have been selling things as well. 

Check out my store & see if any of my trash can become your treasure. :)

Second thing I'm lovin'... "Marley & Me". I just FINALLY finished that book and let me say... I bawled my eyes out at the end. Being a dog lover, I definitely wanted to see what all the buzz on this book was about. I was hooked with Marley's crazy antics and the heart-warming tales of the Grogan family. But as you keep reading, you find out it is not only a book on a crazy dog and the people who love him, but a story on life and how to keep living each day essentially as if it were your last. Grogan writes in one of my favorite passages, "I could almost taste the finiteness of life and thus its preciousness. We take it for granted, but it is fragile, precarious, uncertain, able to cease at any instant without notice. I was reminded of what should be obvious but too often is not, that each day, each hour and minute, is worth cherishing". It inspired me. It made me think of my own dumb dog, what a pain in the ass she is but how lovable and sweet and funny she is as well. So, if you have a pet... go give them a big hug and then go out and live. Because most dogs only get about 13 years or less and who knows how long you'll get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)