Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Keeping that Strong Mentality

I have been thinking a lot lately about the pressures of college. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong there. It seems I have been pushed into a world where my naivety and innocence make me feel like an outsider. People I meet apologize to me if they swear and I feel as if people look at me as if I will never do anything in my life or something. While certain things it's true I will never do... other parts of growing up will happen for me. Just not right now. I am trying to learn that the standards I set for myself are the only things that matter and that I should surround myself with people who have the same understandings and standards as I do. I should also be around people who are different from me and not let what they do affect this amount of pressure I often put on myself. I guess because I skipped that peer pressure of High School it might be finally catching up to me... the worst part is, no one is really pressuring me to do anything. It's all me. Society teaches us sometimes if we don't wear the same clothes as everyone else, do the same things, and act the same way; we are different. And different means weird. Well I'm just here to say I accept the fact I'm weird, I do and learn things at my own pace, and no one is going to change my mind. I am so grateful for certain people (they know who they are I would guess) who help me to keep this strong feeling I am building. I love the people who understand me and help me to stay the person I pride myself to be. 

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Suess

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."-e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)