Friday, July 15, 2011

Be Lauren (Or Whoever You Are)

Every time I'm around someone very outgoing with a bubbly personality, I always kick myself. Why can't I be like her? Even when I think I'm being outgoing, I'm still too quiet. Those are the times I have to stop and say: I like who I am.

Let's face it. I can try all I want to be crazy, outgoing, insanely popular...but that's just not who I am. With friends and family, I can be a jokester. I can be fun and outgoing. But around most people, I am more reserved, introspective, and that's just me. Always has been, always will be!

Being true to who you are is a constant battle. I don't know about you, but I'm always wishing I had someone else's hair, was more outgoing, could write better, didn't worry so much, etc. etc. We should always strive to be our best, but some things just aren't going to change no matter how much we force them. It is just best to be the best version of ourselves and to own it!

Focus on your shining qualities and forget about the things you always wish you could be. Think about all the people that love you for exactly who you are and wouldn't want you to change. Make a vow to yourself when you start thinking, "Oh I wish I could be more like __. She is the life of the party and is so spontaneous and I'm not like that." Instead think of all your great qualities: how kind you are, your singing talent, the way you never forget a friend's birthday. Love yourself for who you are...not who you'd like to be. As cliche as it sounds, you only get one life and you are the way you are for a reason. Own it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)