Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Beauty of Stars and Beyond


The stars. They are always there no matter what, even when you can't see them. Looking at them I can't help but feel that my problems are insignificant in comparison to the universe. I think about the beauty of such a small, sparkly thing that is so far away we can't even fathom it's real existence. How at that very moment, how many other people are looking at the same stars thinking the same thoughts? I don't know what it is about laying there, looking at the stars that causes such a wave of love to come over me.

What else do you think about when you think about stars? Making wishes? Haven't we all done that? Sent our most precious of wishes from our hearts to the universe above... Being a Christian myself, my thoughts often go to God when looking at the sky. I heard once that a particularly beautiful day is "God's painting" and I really believe that. Sometimes its just nice to look up at a potentially scary unknown, giant world and feel as if you already know someone there.

I apologize for anyone who doesn't want to read about faith because this entry has quickly somehow turned into a talk about religion. But anyways, I read this quote in "Eat, Pray, Love" the book I'm currently reading and my thoughts went to God. I thought it would fit in with what I am going with in this entry. (In the book, however, it was the author writing to herself, so this could be a good testimony to self-acceptance).

"I'm here. I love you. I don't care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. If you need the medication again, go ahead and take it--I will love you through that, as well. If you don't need the medication, I will love you, too. There's nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me."

While that quote does not affect me at the moment, I think everyone goes through moments of depression and loneliness or whatever it is. Sometimes it is just calming to know that God or yourself is there for you. Because other people will let you down at one point or another, so never forget who you can count on.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you feel the need to apologize for writing about your faith? It is an important part of who you are. You seem to have no problem writing about everything else. Be strong. Rest secure in your faith, and hold on to the Master's hand. You will need His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure. I guess it is just a day and age where many people have rejected faith and I always want to be "neutral" and not start arguments. But you are definitely right and thank you. I appreciate the comment and I know God is with me as I write and perhaps I should write about him more often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)