Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to...


Well, I was hoping my return to the blogging world after a week off would be filled with great birthday pictures and lots of fun stories. My week began with a funeral and a grand feeling of guilt that I didn't spend as much time with my great aunt while she was alive as I should have. I don't know about any of you...but bodies in caskets freak me out, big time. It made me realize the importance of family though, which I hope to keep strong.

The days in between were good. I worked a bit and got a card and a delicious pudding pie from my co-workers. I spent one evening at a local park watching fireworks. I got my nails done. I hung out with friends. I got a massage at my chiropractor's office for cheap.

And then my 21st birthday showed up. One thing you should know about me is that I love birthdays and I love my own. It is the one day that it can be all about you and no one can complain. Perhaps that sounds selfish, but you know all of you love that too... ;) Unfortunately, my birthday is on a holiday weekend and what has been the case for many years came up. EVERYONE goes up north this week or is busy. So out of the almost 50 I invited, about 10 showed up. My boyfriend, aka the procrastinator shows up late and says he just ordered my present online so I won't get it for a while and he won't tell me what it is. So eventually we leave my house and head to Dave & Busters. It was fun for a while, I had 2 shots (one was a Scooby Snack, which will always be my favorite!!!) and a mixed drink. I was feeling pretty good. I left my clutch and my camera at the table with my friends and told them to watch it and went off to play games with my boy. Eventually all my friends were around us so I went to find my stuff. Sitting there alone not even 5 minutes and it was gone. We searched around and asked the staff and no one saw it. So my birthday ended with me in tears that I lost my cell phone, camera, debit card, house key, and a customized clutch, and some expensive makeup. Now today I get to run around and fix all of these little messes and spend my birthday money that I was so looking forward to on Sunday from my family to pay for it.

Happy birthday to me. :-/

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I'm so sorry that things didn't exactly go very well for your birthday ): That's terrible! Hopefully things will take a turn for the better in the not too distant future! But even so, congrats on hitting the big 2-1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie, you're sweet! Things turned around tonight...my boy got me a new camera and his mom got me a coach purse. We had a fun night with his family and I feel much better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)