Friday, September 4, 2009

Having a Down Day.


Do you ever just get the feeling that your life is full of obligations and you spend the majority of your days counting down the hours, wanting to be somewhere else?

I've found myself doing so lately.

Being a college student, I have a job that doesn't really interest me but just generally pays the bills and also babysits on the side. And yes, being a college student that means class. While I haven't started yet (due to teacher strikes, yikes!) I am already stressed out thinking about it. I have never liked school from Kindergarten onward. I still hate it. I know, I know... I should be excited to learn and grow but I am definitely not excited about taking classes that are required and spending money to sit in class and listen to a teacher drone on about things I care very little about.

And yes, by the time I am excited to be off work, done with babysitting, and have a break from class and homework... I am simply too tired. I still see my friends and family, but it is strained. More than a few times, instead of spending quality time with my boyfriend, I fall asleep. Instead of going out with friends, I have to go to bed early instead.

I wish I could fix this. I wish I could just learn to be more optimistic and enjoy my free time as well as my obligations, but it is constantly a struggle for me. Some days are okay, some are great, some are just plain annoying. So today, I apologize, it is a day I just need to complain. And only hope that my future is bright with a job I enjoy and more time to be happy with how my time is spent.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, have those days occasionally too :) But read a book recently called "Happiness for no reason", and while I don't usually take much away from "self help" books, this one actually had some real "a-ha!" moments - highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)