Friday, January 4, 2013

Let's Feel Passionate About Ourselves This Year

Recently I read this blog from Kris Carr, wellness warrior and health advocate. I love her enthusiasm for health and life and recently devoured the book "Crazy Sexy Diet". Her article uncovers the myth that your passion should be your job, career or even hobby.

(Read it here!)

She says your passion should be your relationship with yourself and others. I'm always fighting with feelings on passion and my relationship with myself. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I beat myself up when I get any criticism or make an error. When reading a book or article, I always think... I'm a writer but I'll never be able to write as eloquently or creative as this. I have my moments of... I'm not smart enough to do this job, I'm not pretty enough, I'm not funny enough, I'm not outgoing or assertive enough... the list can go on and on. I'm sure, unfortunately, that you have your own list.

Sometimes I am lucky enough to have people rip up my lists. Amazing reminders that there are plenty of people out there that find me to be a kind and loving friend or family member, boys who will stare and tell me I'm beautiful, and bosses that praise my work.

While it is nice to have recognition, praise and compliments, I do realize that the only person that can really help me to love myself for all of my flaws, weaknesses, strengths and amazing qualities is myself. I have to work hard every day to realize that I am enough. My style of writing is my own, I am beautiful in my own way, I work hard and have to realize mistakes are only stepping stones and I care deeply about those I love. So join me and stop making "I'm not..." lists and start making "I am..." lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)