Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy 2012: My Goals

First of all, Happy New Years Eve! I hope everyone has an absolute blast tonight and remember to be safe! I hope 2012 is a great year filled with happy, healthy and fun memories for everyone.

Now on to my goals of the new year...

I'm definitely one of those people that loves making new goals and resolutions. Unfortunately, I am also one of those people that has a hard time keeping them. Looking back on my blog, I ran across some of my old goals. Here's a list I made in 2009 and I did accomplish some of them (I crossed out the things I've done in the past two years):

My Goals started in 2009:
1. Do not go on the Internet for one week. (These Internet goals are kind of impossible now due to the work I do...)
2. Use the Internet only an hour a day for one month. 
3. Graduate and receive my Bachelor's Degree from OU.
4. Write and publish a novel.
5. Collect 100 DVDs. (I now own 77, including TV series on DVD)
6. Get a famous writer or someone from a writing job to read/like my blog.
7. Get an apartment with Krissy.
8. Have 5 people recommend me a book and read them, no matter what they are. (Don't really remember if I have done this...)
9. Go on a weekend camping/hiking trip.
10. Go to Disney Land in Florida. (Will do in March!)
11. Visit Europe. (Spain, England, and France are my top places I want to go to.)
12. Do not buy anything for myself for one month besides needs (Try longer afterwards?).
13. Learn to tune a guitar.
14. Learn to play at least 3 songs on guitar.
15. Take a yoga class for at least a month.
16. Give up sweets for one month.
17. Really organize my clothes and sell the ones I rarely wear or don't need. (Could do this again though...)
18. Run in a marathon. 
19. Participate in a walk, bike ride, or run towards a cause. (Possibly diabetes).
20. Write a song and have someone write music for it.
21. Climb a rock wall. 
22. Donate and plant a tree somewhere.
23. Sew a blanket for someone.
24. Visit Chicago and New York City.
25. See one of my favorite comedians live.
26. Mail a secret to PostSecret.
27. Put together and publish a book of 100 blogs I've written.
28. Swim with dolphins. 
29. Meet Will Ferrell. 
30. Work on the "Life List" of goals with Kevin... some are included in this list.
31. Identify 100 things that make me happy and post them where I will see them frequently.
32. Take a photography class.
33. Throw a summer BBQ party.
34. Have my palm read.

Since then I've added some newer goals. For 2012 here are some additional things I'd like to do...

1. I'd really love to have a really healthy diet and get my parents on board with it too. Having so many sweets around my house is way too tempting sometimes.
2. I am taking a cake decorating class in January and that is something I've always wanted to do!
3. Take a Zumba class.
4. Regularly exercise: keep doing yoga at least once a week and work out at home (my parents have a treadmill, elliptical, and recumbent bike and some other work out gear which makes it very convenient!).
5. Save and earn enough money in 2012 to move into an apartment and be more independent.

Please tell me: what are your goals or resolutions for 2012?
Also, what would you like to see from my blog in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)