Monday, August 23, 2010

Stop Domestic Violence: Emotional and Physical!

Picture from MTV's "If you really knew me"

I've been watching a lot of MTV lately that deals with abuse. From "If you really knew me" where kids are constantly opening up about their parents physically abusing them or emotionally to "The Real World" where one girl is dealing with her demons from being abused in a relationship.

And to be honest, it makes me really, really sad. I like to think that if I was in a similar situation, I would know how to deal with it and I would say "Hell no!" to a guy that tried to put his hand on me that way. But what do I know? I've never had to deal with any physical abuse.

It just breaks my heart to see how people treat each other. From the smaller scale of parents telling kids they are fat every day (when they are clearly not) to a boyfriend beating up a girlfriend because she talked to another guy at school. How different would the world be if we just trusted each other and treated each other with the respect we all deserve?

Everyone is beautiful and here for a reason. Everyone has a chance. Change your attitude and treat the people you make fun of with respect and kindness. It will not only change their world and take away some of their hurt, but it will change yours. Everyone has things to deal with and remember you never know what someone is dealing with.

For more information check out this website on domestic abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)