Thursday, November 12, 2009

Plans as Prayers


"It came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time."

I love that lyric from one of my favorite bands, Death Cab for Cutie. Isn't it so true? (In the version in my head, I think of Father Time as God...but that can be anything you wish...)

We make all these plans not knowing what tomorrow will really bring. An opportunity you thought was there could vanish. A newer, more exciting one could surprise you. You just never really know. I constantly have to remind myself this because I am definitely a planner. I love my to-do lists and making specific plans for all day, all week, all month.

So make your plans, but don't be too frazzled if they get messed up or have to change. Go with the flow. I know I have a hard time with this, but I'm learning. We all have to learn to just accept things as they come and take things with a positive attitude. Wouldn't life be so much better if we took our plans as tiny prayers? If we said, "Hey I'd love to see my friend tomorrow, but if I can't, everything will still be okay. Right?"

Right. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I can totally relate, Lauren:) I'm a planner as well and I must admit there are times when I do get frazzled when things don't go as planned. Like u, I'm still learning to take it one step at a time and "accept things as they come." I'm love the concept of ur blog and the adorable header:) Looking forward to your next posts:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)