Monday, September 5, 2011

Life Gives Us Every Teacher

"Life always gives us exactly the teacher we need at every moment. This includes every mosquito, every misfortune, every red light, every traffic jam, every obnoxious boss (or employee), every illness, every loss, every moment of joy or depression, every addiction, every piece of garbage, every breath."
~ Charlotte Joko Beck via Echoes of Love 
I found this quote the other day from the Facebook page of a wonderful lady, Brenda Strausz. She often posts wonderful quotes and this one really struck with me. 
Often when a friend ignores me, I take a bad job, I'm stuck in a traffic jam when all I want to do is get home, or anything causes a sour mood; I am just plain aggravated. Why is this happening to me?
At times after a tragedy, when we've mourned or gotten angry and depressed, we can go back to see what the meaning was. We can understand why this had to happen in order to bring about something better. Sometimes we never understand. We may never understand the tragedies or just plain bad days we often encounter. But we can accept these days. We can accept that every mean boss, death of a loved one, cold, or mosquito bite is our teacher at that time. It teaches us to get what we really want, slow down and enjoy life, take better care of ourselves, or simply remember that darn bug spray. 
So next time you come across a situation where you want to give up and scream "Why me?", stop for a moment. Try to find the lesson or the reason. Some days you just have to accept that you don't know and that is okay. You'll get through it just fine, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)