Recently, I was able to learn about EFT (emotional freedom techniques). I had never really heard about this before, but it is a very popular method of relieving stress, anxiety, and all around bad feelings in a safe way. It definitely sounded like it was worth a try!
EFT is something you can do alone, by yourself, and you cannot do it wrong! You simply tap certain areas of your body (see picture below) and allow yourself to vent your feelings and in turn, give yourself positive affirmations.
I find that the positive affirmations are my favorite part. Here are some of my favorites:
- I am letting go of what I cannot change.
- The only thing I have control over is my thoughts, my behaviors and my actions.
- What other people think about me is none of my business.
- I can't always control the events in my life, but I can control my response.
- Even though I have this feeling, I completely love and accept myself.
To learn more, please visit Brenda's website (the lovely lady who took the time to teach me this).