Monday, January 10, 2011

My 2011 Goals


I'm finally getting around to doing this. Writing my goals for 2011. I keep reading many, many blog posts with goals and resolutions and people saying they have a great feeling about 2011. 2011 hasn't started that great for me and I am working on changing my attitude about it. I just certainly hope everyone else is right and 2011 becomes a great year!

My Work Goals:
1. Ask more questions! I don't know about any of you, but in the moment I often blank out when I am nervous. I forget to ask questions and then mess up because I couldn't think of what I wanted to say. So I want to work on communicating much more effectively.

2. Learn as much as I possibly can! This is a given. This is my first job after graduation and I know it has been sent to me for a reason. There's so much to learn and I am just trying to get better each and every day.

3. Be positive! This goes for everything in my life. Be positive in every situation because that is really all you can do to stay happy. I tend to be a perfectionist and get really hard on myself when I don't do things right. I need to just focus on learning experiences and trying to be better in everything I do and not beat myself up for it.

My Personal Life Goals:
1. Spend more times with my pets! As I am writing this, Buddy is crawling around on my lap. I want to get him out and playing more often and spend more time with Hannah too.

2. Move my booty more! I was thinking of joining a gym, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money. I just bought a Wii, so that helps! So for now, there are plenty of things I can be doing to work out or simply get moving a little and I plan to do that.

3. Eat better! Having a new job where I have to bring a lunch a few times a week definitely helps. By packing my lunch the night before, I can make sure I have mostly healthy options. I have a big sweet tooth so I want to work on being healthier. I know it will help me feel better.

4. Spend more time doing things! When I have days off or nothing to do, I tend to latch on to three things: my laptop, my TV, and my cell phone. All are great things, but all make me a zombie to an electronic screen. My goal is to read more, spend more time with friends, and simply just do other things that may be more beneficial to me.

So tell me, what are your goals for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)