Friday, June 5, 2009

Boredom and Its Side Effects

Boredom is the thorn in my side. And when I think about it... boredom sure causes a lot of problems.

Boredom causes many bad habits for me as well as many people. First of all, I eat when I'm bored. Boredom eating is generally when I'm not hungry, but I want something to do while I watch TV so I grab some crackers. This causes an annoying stomachache after and I wonder why I succumbed to boredom eating... again.

Another bad habit it causes me is shopping. Often, I'll get so stir crazy around my house I grab my keys and drive up to Target or some other store where I spend money on whatever I can find just so I can have something to do when I get home.

Procrastination is another one. I get bored of my classes and studying so I just don't do my homework. I go on Facebook, google ANYTHING I can think of, watch TV, walk around... anything that doesn't involve me buckling down and just getting my homework or studying done.

It reminds me of a band I was in love with in Middle School and beyond... check out this song that really brings home the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)