Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Life is Happening While You Plan


"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

I'll admit it, I'm a planner. I have a calendar in my room where I write down my work schedule, my class schedule, who I plan to hang out with that day, when I'm babysitting, Kevin's (my boyfriend) various sport's games... etc. I'd be lost without it and forget everything I'm supposed to do. But then again, I rarely live without plans. I hate to say I'm not very adventurous or the kind of person who does things "by the seat of their pants"... or whatever that silly phrase is. Maybe sometimes I wish I was more like those people. The ones who can just take a trip at a moment's notice and not plan every outfit specifically for each day of the trip. The ones who decide what to do that day just because they want to and just because they can.

Another quote that sticks out in my mind is actually a lyric from the band Death Cab for Cutie.
"Every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time."

Because isn't that true? We can plan all we want to. We can write down what we're doing every day of the year. But life doesn't often care what you plan. It does what it wants with you and takes you for its own ride.

So here's to stop planning or at least attempting to "fly by the seat of your pants". Keeping your afternoons free and calling up a friend at a moments notice to do whatever you find is entertaining. Stop sending those tiny prayers to Father Time and praying he notices... chances are he doesn't care. So live. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)