Sunday, June 14, 2009

Show Me What I'm Looking For

I find a lot of my inspiration to write from music, from other's words wrapped up in a melody. This particular tune is from a band called Carolina Liar.

They sing over and over... "show me what I'm looking for". I think those are all words we find ourselves singing from time to time.


Sometimes I wonder what I'm supposed to be looking for or supposed to be doing or how I am supposed to be living. Is it what God wants me to do? Is this what I'm meant to be doing? Where I'm supposed to be in life? Which decisions are the right ones? Questions like this shoot through our minds and confuse our skulls and make our hearts beat much too fast. We could sit and sift through our regrets and question our choices and wonder how our lives could turn out... or we could take action. We could ask questions and search for answers.

Sometimes we simply have to scream to our world, show me what I'm looking for. Maybe we'll find what we need and maybe we'll be left confused. But if we never asked and we never searched and thought, how could we ever figure it out? Surely life will throw you a bone and show you what you're looking for eventually...

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big believer in seeking what you're looking for, and asking for what you want. You'll find the answers in the most unexpected places...and also sometimes they'll be right under your nose! I love that the creative life always keeps us guessing.

    Great post :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)