Thursday, April 26, 2012

Long Weekend: Heading to Chicago





Cue the radio silence: I am heading to Chicago to visit one of my best friends who recently moved there this weekend. I'll be gone for a long weekend so there will be some silence on the blog.


I'm nervous because I've never headed out on a trip solo but I am so excited to see my friend!

Please help us out: What should we do? Places we should check out? Let us know! :) Also, how should I deal with the train ride by myself? I'm definitely bringing some music and a book!

3 comments:

  1. I live in Chicago and I LOVE it! I'd do all the touristy things with your friend: grab a deep dish pizza, check out the trendy Lincoln Park, go window shop on Michigan Avenue and visit the top of the Hancock building. If Navy Pier is open (I'm not sure if it is yet) go ride the huge ferris wheel!

    As far as the train ride goes: I don't know if you're talking about the El but if you are just be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye on your purse. If you're on the platform waiting for the train, try not to take out your phone: I've seen people have their smart phones snatched right out of their hands by thieves!

    Hope all this helps :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your suggestions! I just checked the weather and it is supposed to rain Saturday :( Hopefully it won't for long!

      I'm talking about the Amtrak going there and back. Any experience with that?

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Chicago but I'm sure there are many fun things to do in the Windy City. As far as traveling alone I do that quite often and like Becky said be aware of your surroundings and don't let yourself be distracted until your actually safely boarded on the train. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)