1. My amazing friends. Let me tell you, I have certain friends that have been my rock. The people I go to when I need to vent, need a shoulder to cry on or need a laugh. They listen to me complain or talk about the same thing over and over and never push me away. Those people you find that are there for you no matter what, don't let them go.
|Current roomie and old roomie :) Just an example of a few people that have been there for me. There's many more :)|
2. My parents. Growing up, it is crazy how much your relationship with your parents changes. You go from needing them for every single thing to being on your own. Living on my own makes me appreciate them even more and I am so grateful for everything they've done for me and they constantly make me smile.
3. Music. I love this quote: "When words fail, music speaks". There have been so many times where I let myself just melt into the music I'm listening to and when a song speaks exactly to how I am feeling.
One of my favorite songs at the moment:
4. My faith. I'm not extremely religious any more but it is comforting being able to pray at night and have God there for me.
5. Lastly, I think I am most grateful for hope. The hope I retain that one day things will be better. One day I'll be in the arms of someone who loves me and who I love so much I can't contain it. The hope that one day I'll have my dream job and be living in my dream home. The hope that no matter what happens, I'll have people there for me and I'll be okay.
What are you thankful for this year?