Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Exclusive Interview with LaToya from Real World St. Thomas


LaToya Jackson from The Real World St. Thomas graciously answered some questions about being on the Real World! She is so sweet and hilarious... here's what she had to say about the Real World and life afterwards! Check out her video or simply read what she had to say. Trust me, you'll want to watch the video!





1. What made you decide to audition for the Real World?


I was mainly influenced by a former co-worker of mines, that worked with me at a local news station. Along with that friends and family always told me about how fun, funny, and full of personality I am, and how they could one day see me on t.v.  When I found out that the real world was holding a casting call  in Richmond VA. I thought to myself hmmm... why not try it out to see exactly how far this personality of mines could take me. And ehhh whata ya know... It landed me on MTV!


2. Can you give us any behind the scenes information or a sneak peek of what is to come in the upcoming episodes?


There is soo much more to look forward to on this season. We did so much, and had so much fun in 3 months, it almost sucks that it all have to be compressed into 1 hr episodes.  What  people don't know is that a couple of the episodes (1 and 4) were comprised of one day worth o footage. Everything you saw happened in each episode took place in an entire day. That goes to show how much went down on Hassle Island.


3. Do you regret anything you did while filming?


No, i have no regrets about anything I did. But I do have regrets about a few things that I DIDN'T do. I wish I spent more time perfecting my kayaking skills, and application of sunblock. Unfortunately I came home with really ugly tan lines.


4. What was the best part of being in St. Thomas with the roommates and what was the worst?


Personally, the best part of being in St, Thomas in my opinion was its atmosphere. The scenery was AMAZING! Everyday there were huge cruise ships that line the docks. Perfect sunny weather, white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and people coming  and going from all walks of life made me feel like i was in paradise. Even the rainy days were perfect. I would say the worst part would be the "island time". It's an old saying that goes "everyone in St. Thomas lives on island time", a much slower and relax pace of living and working. Unfortunately for me, I do everything fast. Eat, sleep, walk, and talk, so that was something that took a very long time for me to get adjusted too.


5. How has being on the show changed your life since you left St. Thomas?


Since leaving St. Thomas my lifestyle hasn't changed too drastically. I'm still the same person, with the same routines, family and friends. Only difference now  is that I've added an experience of a lifetime that has brought forth lots of attention locally and nationally.


6. Besides your own season, what was one of your favorite seasons of RW?


After 27 seasons I must say my all time favorite is Real World Back to Vegas. They were great cast that definitely kept things interesting and entertaining, but I must add that the competition is tough.... Because Real World St. Thomas, we are  planning on taking that title as favorite season.


Be sure to follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook! Thank you so much LaToya for this exclusive interview - you are awesome!


Follow on Twitter and Instagram @LaToyaJMTV

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/

LaToya-J-Real-World-St-Thomas/
199811160147094

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)