Monday, November 29, 2010

Do you let others affect your mood?


Do you ever notice that your mood is often affected by other people? And the way you feel about things or places are directly connected to the attitudes of the people around you?

I can relate. When I'm around people who constantly complain or say negative things, I feel myself getting that way and becoming more negative and just plain feeling down. But when I'm with people who make me laugh and are always focusing on the positive, I feel myself growing happier with each moment. It is hard that the people around us often affect us so much without us knowing sometimes. That's why I've learned it is so important to surround yourself with positive people and help change the negative people's moods.

I won't say too much but in my current job, I basically have two jobs at two different buildings but within the same company. One place is filled with people I've become friends with and they are all positive and nice to be around. That makes working better even on bad days! But at the other place, I'm surrounded with people who constantly complain about their lives and the job and it leaves me feeling exhausted and angry. It is crazy to me how these two atmospheres are the same company, but SO different!

So focus on the positive and try to surround yourself with others who do the same. While I know at times this is impossible and you can't always choose the people around you, but don't let yourself be brought down. Listen and emphasize with the Negative Nancys in your life but then try to help them see the positive of the situation and make them laugh and change their mood. It may be hard at first, but it is worth it for your own sanity and health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - they always make my day! Remember, if you wouldn't want me to leave that comment on your blog...please don't leave it on mine. In other words, be nice! :)